This Intellectual Property Policy (the "Policy") governs the use of the intellectual property (IP) of FreeState Apparel LLC (FreeState, the company) by customers, employees, and other authorized representatives of the Company (collectively, "Users").
The purpose of this policy is to define and protect FreeState Apparel LLC’s: Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents, Trade Secrets and other tangible and intangible legal assets. The IP policy will also ensure compliance with law and help manage the IP of FreeState including but not limited to: tracking of assets, developing licensing agreements, and enforcing IP rights.
* Intellectual Property: shall mean all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade secrets, and know-how, owned or created by Free State.
* Likeness or Image: shall mean any and all representations of Free State, including but not limited to its logos, slogans, trademarks, domain names, and copyrighted or patented materials.
All logos, slogans, trademarks, domain names, copyrights and patents developed and created by FreeState Apparel LLC and its employees are wholly owned by the company and are expressly theirs. No person inside or outside of FreeState Apparel LLC can use our likeness or image without the express written consent of the company and its leadership.
Protection of Intellectual Property
FreeState will proactively take steps to protect its brand and reputation including but not limited to:
Identifying and registering IP with all of the appropriate regulatory bodies and government authorities. This will help to establish the company's ownership of the IP and make it easier to enforce their rights.
Using confidentiality agreements, licensing agreements, monitoring for infringement and taking legal action if our IP rights have been infringed
Monitoring social media for infringement.
Reporting infringement to social media platforms.
Monitoring company approved 3rd party resale platforms for infringement.
Reporting infringement to approved 3rd party resale platforms.
Taking action against infringement
This action may include but is not limited to filing a lawsuit in court or sending a cease-and-desist letter to the infringer. C
Users are prohibited from using the Company's intellectual property without the Company's express written consent. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
* Using the Company's trademarks, logos, or other branding materials
* Using the Company's images, likeness, or other copyrighted materials
* Using the Company's patents or other intellectual property rights
* Creating derivative works of the Company's intellectual property
* Distributing or selling the Company's intellectual property
The following uses of the Company's intellectual property are not prohibited:
* Using the Company's intellectual property for internal business purposes
* Using the Company's intellectual property for news reporting or commentary
* Using the Company's intellectual property for educational or research purposes
* Using the Company's intellectual property with the Company's express written consent
The Company reserves the right to enforce its intellectual property rights against any User who violates this Policy. This includes, but is not limited to, taking legal action to stop the unauthorized use of the Company's intellectual property.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact the Company at Support@freestateco.com
Governing Law: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware.
Entire Agreement: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications, representations, or agreements, whether oral or written.
Severability: If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck from this Agreement and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
Waiver: No waiver of any provision of this Agreement shall be effective unless in writing and signed by Free State.
Notices: All notices and other communications hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been duly given when delivered in person, upon the first business day following deposit in the United States mail, postage prepaid, certified or registered, return receipt requested, addressed as follows:
Headings. The headings in this Agreement are for convenience only and shall not affect its interpretation